Dimitry Esquire
Dimitry Esquire, Attorney
Experience:  I provide general practice and mediation & arbitration services to my clients.
18572087

What if u had a DUI in a other county but got stop for one

What if u had a DUI in a other county but got stop for one in other county 7yrs after the first DUI who would the person plea
Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

That very much depends. Are both offenses in the same state? If so, which state? If different states, which states were the offenses in, and in which state was the latest offense in
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes both was in ga one in Clayton ga the other in dekalb ga Clayton 7yrs ago how would one plea

Anthony,

Thank you for your follow-up. Under O.C.G.A. Section 40-6-391 the look-back period for DUI is 10 years. Since this occurred within 7 years, it would be considered a 2nd offense and consequently would have enhanced penalties. Please follow the link below where you can find all of the specific conditions and penalties for a 2nd offense:

http://theduilaws.com/georgia-dui-laws/

Good luck.