Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

I am 19 and was charged with a misdemeanor for indecent exposure/lewd

conduct in Tucson. Long...
I am 19 and was charged with a misdemeanor for indecent exposure/lewd conduct in Tucson. Long story short, I gave into my urge to masturbate in a local store public restroom. Management received a complaint because he heard noises and I was cited on site by local police and banned from the store for one year. I do understand that my actions were careless, however, I did not carry out this action with the intention of other individuals becoming aware. What are potential outcomes after going to my court date? Am I looking at jail time, fines, community service or any combination?
6/3/2013
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law

Hello

I am an attorney with more than 25 years of experience and I look forward to providing you information in this regard

The penalty includes up to 6 months in jail and a $500 fine

I suggest you would be sentence to probation and a fine.

Please note that I can only answer what you ask and so if you have more questions or need clarification, please ask it here. Otherwise, I thank you in advance for a positive rating.

Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law

Would your recommend that I seek a lawyer for my initial court date?

Hello

I suggest you plead not guilty and then request a public defender

Would me pleading not guilty be a truthful response?

I do admit that I am guilty of masturbating in public, however, I was not intentionally trying to receive the attention of others.

Do you still suggest that I plead not guilty? I do not want to also be charged for perjury

The state needs to prove it beyond a reasonable doubt

I suggest that if you plead guilty at your hearing you can be sentenced immediately

Relist: Other.
Answer inconsistency

Hello

I am not sure why you say inconsistency

If you go in and plead guilty without first having a local attorney try to negotiate a plea for you of a probation and a fine, the court can sentence you

So it is common practice to plead Not Guilty, consult with a local attorney or public defender let the talk out a plea agreement and then go to court.

Samuel II
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law