How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey_ JD Your Own Question
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 26755
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Zoey_ JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have underage consumption charges on my record as an adult,

This answer was rated:

I have underage consumption charges on my record as an adult, will this prevent me from owning a firearm? I'm looking to get one, but I don't know if I'm allowed to with that on my record
Hello Jacustomer,

No, an underaged consumption charge would not cost you your firearms rights. To lose your gun rights, your crime would have to be one for which more than a year of jail was possible, which it is not, or it would have to be a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence. You should be able to purchase a gun and clear a Federal check with no difficulty if that case is the only thing that could be in your way.

Good luck!
Zoey_ JD and 2 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you