How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Esq. Your Own Question
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 16721
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney / Criminal Law Mentor
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Alex J. Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

can I get a probation amended after serving 15 years in pr

This answer was rated:

can I get a probation amended after serving 15 years in prison
Hello. My name is***** will be happy to answer your question.
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I was convicted at a jury trial in 1998 on cruelty to children I served 15years in prison now I am serving 20year probation and I am not allowed to have contact with my daughter who will be 18 in 4months I would like to get an order amended and time serve
Thank you for your follow up.
Are you asking whether you can have your probation terminated early or whether the court would allow for you to have contact with your daughter?
Was your daughter a victim in the criminal case in which you were convicted?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes my daughter was the victim on my court order it no contact until 18 but probation says no contact yes I would like for my probation to run concurrent with my 15years I served
Thank you for your follow up.
What was your original sentence?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I would like to hire a lawyer to have my probation run concurrent and have a court order amended maybe this is not what im looking for I was looking to hire a lawyer for a case
Thank you for your follow up.
Unfortunately, we are not permitted to represent customers and can only provide general answers to customers' legal questions.
Do you have a specific legal question or would you like for me to provide me with some resources to help you find local post-conviction law attorney?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
no no more question yes I would like your help in finding a local post-conviction law attorney
Thank you for your follow up.
You can find an experienced and reputable local post-conviction law attorney by using these well trusted and reliable attorney information / referral websites:
You can browse dozens of attorney profiles that contain a lot of important information about each attorney's training, education, experience and achievements, and you can contact several attorneys that you choose, since many do offer free initial consultation, so you can choose the attorney that would do the best possible service for you.
I wish you the best of luck and GOD bless you!
Alex J. Esq. and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you