Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

last time i was caught in solitution of prostitution but i

last time i was caught in solitution of prostitution but i dont know that it is good or bad work because i hav been in usa before 2yrs as im refugee and this is my first time . if i had know that this is bad work i cannot do now i know it is a crime what can i do to sole this problems
Hello friend. My name is XXXXX XXXXX welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (1) this is general information only, not legal advice, and, (2) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies.

I am sorry for your situation. Can you please tell me what state this is in?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
richmond va
Thank you for your reply. I am working on your answer now; apologies in advance for the momentary wait...
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I'm Asian I hav been in united state before 2 yrs I came in us as refugee status if know it is a criminal work I cannot do but when police officer caught I know it is bad work how can I solve this problems
First of all, you have to understand your options and what happens in Court, and then we can discuss other issues as well.

DA = District Attorney, i.e. who prosecutes the case for the state.

OPTIONS
Essentially, you have a choice.

1) plead guilty and simply hope that the Court takes pity on you (not recommended, and the Judge will likely not);
2) take the matter to trial and risk either being convicted, or, acquitted of charges (risky); or
3) make a plea deal with the DA. Most of cases settle with this option.

LEVERAGE
The DA's leverage is that possible certainty that you would be found guilty if he takes this to trial.

Your leverage is not only possibility of being found not guilty if taken to trial, but also the pressure exerted unto the DA if the defense pushes for trial, which means man hours, preparation, and a lot of court time.

This is why in the end, most cases are negotiated away.

This will not be over immediately. The first setting is the arraignment where a plea is entered (NOT GUILTY). These hearings will reset several times to allow your attorney and the prosecutor (DA) to discuss a plea deal. Normally, the case is reset about 3-4 times before you have to make a choice (see YOUR OPTIONS). If you do not have an attorney at your first hearing, one may simply request a reset to get one - so yes, you may request a continuance to find counsel, although if you can find one prior to this, then great.

POSSIBILITY
Because this is a relatively minor charge when all is said, the DA may be willing to negotiate a plea bargain which may not even include a conviction and instead include a Deferred Finding, which is an option that does not end with a conviction if you perform a few months of staying clean, checking in with a parole officer, doing some community service, etc. This Deferred Finding is normally reserved for first time, low-level matters such as yours.

IMMIGRATION MATTER
Whatever happens in this case may affect your immigration matter. Deferred Finding counts as a "conviction" in the eyes of USCIS still. However, the good news is that if the authorities wanted to put you into removal proceedings, ICE would have put a "lock" on your case and transferred you to a removal facility after this case was over. So you may wish to wait five years until AFTER this matter is over before applying for citizenship in order to satisfy the 5 year "moral" requirement for US Citizenship.

FINDING COUNSEL
If you need to find counsel, try looking here for a good referral. If you cannot afford counsel, the Court may assign you a public defendant.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Best of luck.

Gentle Reminder: Please use the REPLY button to keep chatting, or RATE my answer when we are finished. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces and then submit, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith. (You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating.)
Thank you for your generosity.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I hav DA too but I hav court appointment on June and DA said that the case will b dismiss but did this record will b appear when the case will b dismiss and I hav training from June 25 for cdl driver . Does this case affect to my training
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I hav DA too but I hav court appointment on June and DA said that the case will b dismiss but did this record will b appear when the case will b dismiss and I hav training from June 25 for cdl driver . Does this case affect to my training.
If your case is being dismissed, congratulations!

The arrest may be EXPUNGED from the record with a quick motion - let me know if you need information on this.

Since no conviction was had, this should not affect your CDL matter.

Gentle Reminder: Please use the REPLY button to keep chatting, or RATE and submit your rating when we are finished.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I mean that I hav court appointment in June n DA said me that the case will b dismiss how much percent is that is it 100percent sure

Well if the DA wishes to dismiss the case, it will be dismissed 100% - it is the DA that makes this decision. However, I cannot predict what the DA will decide - it is their decision, of course.