How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Marsha411JD Your Own Question
Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 20396
Experience:  Licensed attorney with 29 yrs. exp. in criminal law
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Marsha411JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Do sex offenders with adult victims have to register in Pe

This answer was rated:

Do sex offenders with adult victims have to register in Pennsylvania?

Thank you or your question. There is no requirement that a sex offender's victim be a child in order for the sexual offender laws in PA to apply. It depends entirely on the specific statute that they were convicted under. For example, someone convicted of rape, no matter the age of the victim is required to register for life. You can see the complete list of statutes and each Tier with the length of registration requirement by going to:

Basically anyone who is considered to have been convicted of a "sexually violent offense" must register.

Please let me know if you need any clarification. I would be glad to assist you further if I can.
Howard, I am a bit perplexed by your rating of my assistance to you as BAD. You asked a straightforward question and I responded, not only by telling you what the law is, but also providing you with the references if you wanted to double check the level and length of registration required. So, not only did I correctly answer your question, but I also provided an additional service.

Would you like to share with me, what part of that was BAD service? Surely you wouldn't blame me for the law being unfavorable would you?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I'm sorry. I shouldn't have rated your answer badly. It wasn't what I wanted to hear. I want to move down to Pennsylvania, but the city that I wanted to move to had a law against the distance a sex offender could live from a school, but when I read the law on sex offender's residency restrictions, the definition of sex offender was a person over the age of 18 who was convicted of a sex offense against a minor or child. That's why I was confused. After reviewing it a little longer though, I realized that the address wasn't even in that city, but in a small township outside of the city, and I was getting the location mixed up, so I am now relieved. Thank you for your answer. I don't think you did a bad job. I was just upset with the answer at first. I rated it wrong. You did a good job. Thank you. The question I had is still something important I will need to know.
Thank you for taking the time to reply to me, and I am glad that the news is somewhat better for you. Hopefully the information was helpful and if you need clarification in the future, feel free to come back. If I could bother you to change your rating so that I will get credit for this question, I would appreciate that. You should see a rating box again with this response. If you could rate at 3, 4 or 5 (Ok, Good, or Excellent) that will undo the Bad rating. If you don't see the box pop up just reply and let me know and I will let the Site Administrators know.

Again, thank you for taking the time to respond.
Marsha411JD and 4 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.


Hello again--Can you tell me what the answer "no" was in response to? I didn't send you a message, so I am trying to figure out what you are responding to. Thank you.