Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney / Criminal Law Mentor
26296561

charges PL155.30EF grand larceny 4th credit card, PL155.30

charges PL155.30EF grand larceny 4th credit card, PL155.30 EF GR LAR 4TH PROPERTY FROM PERSON, PL160.10 01 CF ROBBERY, PL160.102B CF ROBBERY, PRIOR FELONY AND 3 MISDEMEANORS, HOW MANY YEARS IN PRISON

Alex Esquire : Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to help you.
Alex Esquire : Are you online with me?
Customer: yes
Alex Esquire : Welcome to JustAnswer.com
Alex Esquire : I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Alex Esquire : How is defendant related to you?
Customer: relative
Alex Esquire : Well, the highest charge your relative is facing is a Class C felony which carries a minimum sentence of 8 years and maximum of 15 years in prison upon conviction.
Alex Esquire : Was your relative previously convicted for a violent felony or a non-violent one?
Customer: violent, was with a friend in a fake gun robbery, took credit card and iphone and credit card was used. What is the cost for a lawyer of this nature?
Alex Esquire : Well, if your relative has prior violent felony conviction, your relative could be given maximum 15 year sentence on the top charge and the judge can even make your relative's prison sentences run concurrently.
Alex Esquire : It is difficult to estimate what any particular attorney would charge, but it would be safe to say that at a minimum a private local criminal defense attorney would charge $10,000 or more for just the pre-trial part of the case.
Alex Esquire : Does this make sense?
Customer: Yes, will sentence make a difference if he has a public defender vs lawyer
Alex Esquire : The sentence for the crime is the same, if your relative is convicted, however a private criminal defense attorney has more time and resources to defend your relative and possible negotiate a better plea bargain deal which would allow your relative to spend less time in prison.
Alex Esquire : Do you have any related follow up questions?
Customer: done
Alex Esquire : I wish you the best of luck and GOD bless you!
Alex Esquire : Please click on the excellent service rating, so I can receive credit for my answer. Bonus and positive feedback is always appreciated, but is not required.