How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask AttyCBradford Your Own Question
AttyCBradford, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 643
Experience:  Criminal Defense and Family law Attorney serving California statewide
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
AttyCBradford is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In the state of Texas, if a person is in jail and a gun is

This answer was rated:

In the state of Texas, if a person is in jail and a gun is found in their parents home that belongs to another person, is the person on parole in violation of their parole. Can the person be charged with the violation and locked up for another year or so. Can they be stopped from oving to another state where another parole officer has told them to report to them when they get in town.

AttyCBradford :

Hello! I am glad to assist you but first i am going to break your question down a little further to answer all parts. 1. If the person was IN JAIL when the gun was found, then I do not see the violation. I assume that the individual was registered as living at the address where the gun was found. Whether or not they are in violation depends on the terms of the probation/parole. Generally an individual on felony probation cannot own or possess a firearm. Where they could POTENTIALLY violate him would be the POSSESSION, but the issue is if the individual was IN JAIL at the time, there is no possession, and if it is registered to someone else who lives in the house i do not see a violation. 2. I only see them charging him with a violation of parole if he was truly in possession and/or he owned the weapon, otherwise there does not appear to be a violation. Lastly, about moving it depends on the crime that they origianlly committed. Some times it is as simple as asking the parole officer if you can move out o state but for some offense you must apply to be moved

AttyCBradford :

If I have answered all of your questions please press accept and provide positive feedback so I will get credit for assisting you. PLEASE NOTE: this is a PAID answering service and we only receive credit for assisting you if you accept the answer. If you are not satisfied and need additional assistance, please ask before providing negative feedback and I would be glad to assist you further. Sometimes I am working with more than one customer at a time so please allow a chance to respond. Thank you and I wish you the best in your situation! I strongly suggest that you consult with a local attorney in your area on this matter. This information is provided for general informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice nor has an attorney-client relationship been formed.

AttyCBradford and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you