How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CrimDefense Your Own Question
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 28344
Experience:  10+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
CrimDefense is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If I plead guilty and pay the fine for PA 75 CS will 6 points

This answer was rated:

If I plead guilty and pay the fine for PA 75 CS will 6 points go against my driving record. Should I plead not guilty and pay the fine and get an attorney?
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.

Good morning. I certainly understand your situation and concern. Would you mind sharing me what the citation is for?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I swiped a parked car and didn't leave my information on the other vehicle.
I didn't receive a ticket at the scene and did provide my information to the cop, but got a ticket in the mail for what seems to be failure to report accident. I have never had any traffic tickets or prior violations and was very embarrassed and made a very poor decision. I am willing to pay the fine immediately but didn't know if I should plead guilty or not guilty? It looks like 6 points could be assessed to my driving record if I plead guilty. Thank you.

Nicole, thank you for the additional information. In situations where the collision involves an unattended vehicle or property, the law require the motorist to attempt to locate the owner in order to provide the required information. If the owner cannot be located, the driver is directed to leave a written notice on the vehicle or property, disclosing the motorist's name and address. The motorist is expected to follow-up by notifying the police of the accident. Violation of these provisions is usually considered a summary offense punishable by a fine, imprisonment, or both. In addition, violators will be assessed points under the state's system for driver education and control. If you are able to just pay this and there is no court appearance required, then by doing so, it would be an admission of guilt and points would be assessed. However, you do have every legal right to plea not guilty, appear in court and make the state prove the charge against you, beyond a reasonable doubt. If nobody was present to witness this, it is possible that you could have a legal defenses if nobody could place you behind the wheel of the vehicle. If you did not want to go to trial, you could always take a plea deal and see if the State would amend the charge or offer a plea that would not result in as many points. If you are going to plea not guilty, then you should retain a criminal defense attorney. They can look over the facts and see what defenses you may have. In addition, they can speak with the prosecutor and see if they may be willing to work out a plea deal that is in your best interest, rather then go to trial.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above, prior to rating me. Also, please remember to rate my service with 3, 4, or 5 faces/stars, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two faces/stars on the left, please STOP and reply to me via the "REPLY TO EXPERT or CONTINUE CONVERSATION "button. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Do you know if it would be 6 points assessed if I plead guilty?

I believe it is 4 points, not 6.
CrimDefense and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you