How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 116713
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Sandy. 2 questions, keep them short. If she runs and she

This answer was rated:

Sandy. 2 questions, keep them short. If she runs and she might and I take the fall because I was too trusting, do you think I will go to Federal Prison? The Pharmacist at his clinic told me that. That's a whole other stoy. If he get's mad at me he says your not getting your scrips today, I don't have them, then I will ask for them back to fill elsewhere and he won't give them to me. I can come back in a couple days. Even though he just showed me the bottle 2 hours earlier he had put back so I would not be able to get them. He also let me know he controls weather I get my medication or not so I better not make him mad. He scares me. Short story, he can't have me and he's one of the kind of people who can have anything they wants and if he doesn't get his way he hurts you in some way. Well don't know why I went there. Sorry. My sister has no one but her 3 young children and she is all they have. Their dad just walked out on them. My children have they have an amazing dad. I am terrified and I want to prepare for the worst. DHS will take her children and I fear for them. Sometimes they don't make it to such a good place. I know, too softhearted. I just worry about what I do next and how many lives am I going to affect. Do you think I shoud go so far as go to the DEA. He is not in their "good" physicians list right now and I don't want to get him in trouble. They have filled out at least 30 contracts and can't get controlled substances. He uses his pharmcist to get him some controlled substances. Have a good night and again thanks for your help. Sandy
Thank you for your new question.

No, I do not see you going to any prison. Your sister was the one who committed the offense, not you. They are trying to scare you as it sounds like these people are not on the level as far as a good pharmacy/clinic and if you report them to th DEA, they would likely close them down I am afraid. But this is a choice only you could make here, to report your sister and clear yourself or do nothing and you have to find a new doctor to write you the prescriptions because this doctor refuses based on what your sister has done.

You are right in worrying about the lives this will impact as well, since if she is arrested and for some reason she has to go to prison and cannot get a plea deal with rehab, then it is possible you will have to fight to take the children through DHS.

It is just a hard thing to make a decision on when you have to consider all of the lives that would be impacted and the fact that they will likely close this clinic down as well.

Thank you so much for using I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered. PLEASE use REPLY to EXPERT if you would like more information or if you feel something was not included in your answer.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO XXXXX CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.


There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Law Educator, Esq. and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Criminal Law Questions