Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

i was pulled over for speeding and supposily dui (drugs) i

was then arrested and asked...
i was pulled over for speeding and supposily dui (drugs) i was then arrested and asked to take a blood test i declined but the officer told me if i didnt it could go aginst my favor in court ( whcih didnt make sense) also he made it seem as if i didnt have a choice, my car did smell of marijuana but i was not under the influence nor did i smoke while driving, before me being arrested he gave me several test and he determined i was under the influence i have a court date coming up and the charge says DUI less safe but i didnt not exibit any wreckless drive or endagering other motorist around me i was only speeding, should i get a lawyer to get the dui charge dropped?
5/12/2013
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law

Alex Esquire :

Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to help you.

Alex Esquire :

Are you online with me?

Customer:

yes sir

Alex Esquire :

Welcome to JustAnswer.com

Alex Esquire :

Is this the first time you were arrested for the DUI?

Customer:

yes

Alex Esquire :

Basically, when you apply and accept your driver license, there is an implied consent for Breathalyzer urine or blood test that each driver gives in case is they are stopped for a suspicion of DUI.

Alex Esquire :

Was your driver license taken away from you?

Customer:

yes but i was given a wavier to drive until my court date but im hardly in the united states since i work overseas for months at a time

Alex Esquire :

I understand.

Alex Esquire :

Well, this is a serious DUI charge and you do need to consult and retain local DUI defense attorney, as the state can convict someone for DUI without the blood test, simply based on the field sobriety test, testimony from the police officer and the prosecutor can even argue that refusal to submit to the blood test is a clear indication that the driver was impaired.

Alex Esquire :

Does this make sense?

Alex Esquire :

Also, because you have refused the blood test, your license will be subject to mandatory 1 year suspension after your first court date, which you and your attorney can appeal.

Customer:

I did take the blood test before i went to the county jail

Alex Esquire :

So, you did take the test.

Alex Esquire :

Was it positive?

Alex Esquire :

Were you made aware of any results yet?

Customer:

no the arresting officer told me it would take 30 days before i heard anything but it ended up taking 3 months and i only recieved a court date but no results on the blood test

Alex Esquire :

I understand.

Alex Esquire :

Did you take the blood test voluntarily or did police obtain a warrant and forced you to take the blood test?

Customer:

it seemed involuntariy because i delcined but he insited i take it so i agreed to take the blood test since the arresting officer kept insisted i take one, he made it seem like i had to.

Alex Esquire :

Well, you do need to consult and retain local DUI defense attorney and this attorney will be able to contest the criminal charge against you and challenge the prosecution in your case.

Alex Esquire :

Does that make sense?

Customer:

yes, it makes alot of sense

Alex Esquire :

Do you need some sources to help you find an experienced and competent local DUI defense attorney?

Customer:

i have a few in my i was just seeking additonal advice before proceeding further with hiring an attorney

Alex Esquire :

Well, I wish you the best of luck!

Customer:

thank you for your help and all you do

Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law