How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Esq. Your Own Question
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 16710
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney / Criminal Law Mentor
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Alex J. Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been charged with aggravated harassment 2nd degree.

This answer was rated:

I have been charged with aggravated harassment 2nd degree. I sent an angry email to DMV and they see it as threaten in nature. I got arrested and jailed overnight. My public defender pleaded not guilty. However, I hired my own attorney because I do not have access with them.

- I have a medical condition known as PTSD, developed from my road test, vouched by my counselor.

- I have been discriminated by the driver examiner based on my disability - deafness, for the last 12 years.

- This is my first offense, clean slate.

So, what is your insight into this?
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to help you.

I am sorry to hear about your unfortunate situation.

What is your legal question for me please?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

What is the most likely outcome given my first offense in Misdemeanor charge in aggravated harassment 2nd degree comm/alarm?


My lawyer doubt 1 year in prison, but more likely a slap on the wrist, fine, or what?

Thank you for your follow up.

While the maximum penalty for this offense is up to 1 year in jail, if you are represented by an experienced local criminal defense attorney and you do not have any prior criminal conviction, it is extremely unlikely that you would be sentenced to any jail time and is more likely that your local attorney will be able to work out a plea bargain deal, which would allow you to plead to a reduced offense and receive a probation, community service and a fine.

I wish you the best of luck and please let me know if you have any related follow up questions.
Alex J. Esq. and 5 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

What kind of community service? Like cleaning the bathroom, or?

No. Not necessary.

It can be cleaning the parks or even working for a charity, like church or red cross.

I wish you the best of luck!

Related Criminal Law Questions