Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

Public urination... What are the consequences? I was wrongfully

Public urination... What are...
Public urination... What are the consequences? I was wrongfully accused of public urination and I dont know if I should fight it or just pay the fine.
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/10/2013
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law

Alex Esquire :

Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to help you.

Alex Esquire :

Are you online with me?

Customer:

Yes

Alex Esquire :

Welcome to JustAnswer.com

Alex Esquire :

I am very sorry to hear about your unfortunate situation.

Alex Esquire :

What city in PA did this take place?

Customer:

This actually happened to my 18 yr old son in Susquehanna Township (near Harrisburg)

Alex Esquire :

Did your son receive a citation?

Customer:

Yes

Alex Esquire :

Do you have a copy of the citation in front of you?

Customer:

Yes

Alex Esquire :

great

Alex Esquire :

What is the statute that your son is accused of violating?

Alex Esquire :

it should be stated on the citation.

Customer:

It says in the "crimes Code Title 18" section Twp Ord 04-08 Sec 6 Sub Sec 801

Alex Esquire :

please give me a minute to local this local ordinance.

Customer:

I dont see any where that is states a statute

Alex Esquire :

that is fine.

Alex Esquire :

Please give me few minutes to look up the local laws for the township

Customer:

OK thx

Alex Esquire :

Can you please tell me if citation shows a fine amount or if a mandatory court appearance is checked off?

Customer:

There is no fine amount and by the explanations on the back it looks like a court appearance is required

Alex Esquire :

It appears that this is a summary offense, which is the lowest criminal offense in the state of PA, but still a criminal offense.

Alex Esquire :

So, it would be a good idea for your son to consult and retain an attorney to contest this criminal charge, as the last thing your son would want is a criminal conviction for a public urination to follow him around for the rest of his life.

Customer:

Are public defenders available for this type of offense or does he need to retain his own lawyer?

Alex Esquire :

an experienced local criminal defense attorney might be able to either get this case dismissed on a legal technicality or to get your son acquitted at trial or in the worst case scenario get the charge reduced to non-criminal which would not result in any criminal history for your son.

Alex Esquire :

unless this offense carries a potential jail sentence, a public defender would not be available for this type of an offense.

Alex Esquire :

So it would be advisable to retain private counsel.

Customer:

OK. Thank you for your help.

Alex Esquire :

I am very sorry this has happened to your son, but a local attorney should be able to resolve this unfortunate situation without any criminal history for your son.

Alex Esquire :

Thank you and please click on the "Excellent Service" rating, so I can receive credit for my answer. Bonus and positive feedback is always appreciated, but is not required. I wish you all the best.

Customer:

Thx

Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law