Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney with 29 yrs. exp. in criminal law
19127644

I have a court hearing tomorrow morning for a civil harassment

I have a court hearing tomorrow morning for a civil harassment restraining order that I filed against someone. I want to dismiss it since we resolved our issues through other ways. What do I do?

Thank you for the information and your question. You can call the court clerk and inform them that you want to dismiss the case. You may have to sign a dismissal form though. But call them as soon as possible and tell them what you want to do so that they might be able to fax a form to you for your signature before tomorrow morning. Otherwise, you will have to appear before the court and dismiss the case in person.