How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Hammer O'Justice Your Own Question
Hammer O'Justice
Hammer O'Justice, Criminal Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 4500
Experience:  Almost 12 years of legal experience, primarily in criminal law
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Hammer O'Justice is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i was in a motar vehicle accident after alluding the police

This answer was rated:

i was in a motar vehicle accident after alluding the police in another state than i reside. i was not arrested i was taken to the hospital in the state where i reside. the doctor said i was not under arrest, what will happen now?

If the police intend to charge you for the eluding, then they can do so in one of two ways. They can go swear out a warrant for your arrest by explaining the facts that are the basis for the charges. At that time, a warrant would be issued and the police could come and arrest you at any time. The other option is to file charges and request a summons for you. You would still be charged but instead of arresting you, the court will issue a summons for you to appear in court on a certain day to answer the charges. So it could happen one of those two ways if they intend to press charges against you.
Hammer O'Justice and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you