LawTalk, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years legal experience
15277592

I was arrested in georgia, one of the charges was criminal

Customer Question

I was arrested in georgia, one of the charges was criminal attempt burglary which was dismissed. I need to know for my temporary resident permit for entry into Canada what title of the georgia code 16-4-1b a copy of it to send in with myvisa and rehabilitation request. Thank you for hel[ping me, julia
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 4 years ago.
Good afternoon Julia,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

I am a licensed attorney in GA. The GA Code does not have a code section 16-4-1b. It has 16-4-1, which is the crime of criminal attempt. And here is the citation as well as the language in the code section:

Official Code of Georgia Annotated,

Title 16, Crimes and Offenses,

Chapter 4, Criminal Attempt and Conspiracy,

Section 16-4-1 Criminal Attempt.

A person commits the offense of criminal attempt when, with intent to commit a specific crime, he performs any act which constitutes a substantial step toward the commission of that crime.

You may reply back to me again, using the Reply to Expert link, if you have additional questions.

I wish you the best in your future,

Doug