How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Marsha411JD Your Own Question
Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 20299
Experience:  Licensed attorney with 29 yrs. exp. in criminal law
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Marsha411JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

im 23 and hes 16 can i get into trouble since he is the consenual

This answer was rated:

im 23 and hes 16 can i get into trouble since he is the consenual age in ohio

Thank you for the information and your question. You are correct that the age of consent in Ohio is 16. That then means that there would be no issue of statutory rape. However, there are still a couple of other laws that can be used to file charges. That would be contributing to the unruliness or delinquency of a child (ORC § 2919.24) and the charge of interference with custody (ORC §2919.23). So, if the minor in the relationship skips school to be with you or smokes/drinks with you or stays out past curfew, then those sorts of actions can result in the parents filing charges against you.

Please let me know if you need any clarification. I would be glad to assist you further if I can.
Marsha411JD and 6 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

can he still legally emancipate his self in ohio

Hello again and thank you for your reply. No, Ohio does not have a law that allows for petitioning the court for emancipation. The only two ways for someone under 18 to be emancipated is through marriage (which parent must consent to) and enlisting in the military (which parents must also consent to.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

ok his mother is threatening me to beat me up put me in jail if i have sex with him... now can she forbid him from seeing me like if were walking together she sees us and calls the cops since she has told me to stay away from her son?

Yes, technically if he is doing something that he doesn't have permission to do, they could file charges. Whether or not the prosecutor would prosecute the case is another issue. That depends on the attitude of the local prosecutor.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

could she get like a restraining order put on me to keep him away?? he does not drink smoke or anything illegal like that or miss school when he is with me

No, not based on what you have told me. There would have to be abuse involved.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

ok he does not want anything to do with her if he runsaway aomewhere just not with me could he get into trouble?? he wants out of her house she treats him like garbage and receives a ssi check on him and he didnt even know that until last month and she has gotten it for like 10 years

I can't give him or you legal advice, I can only tell you what the law is. If he is underage, and he runs away, then if the police find him they have to return him to the home of his parents, or parent. That is the law. Unless and until he is an adult. If she is actually abusive, then he can contact State Office of Family and Children.

As an aside, I am a User of this Site just as you are, and the Site requires that new questions that are not directly related to the original question, must be asked in a new question thread. I have answered this additional question, which is technically not a part of the age of consent issue and your relationship, but any additional questions that don't have to do with your relationship, I am not allowed to answer in this thread. I apologize, but I have to follow the TOS or lose my ability to answer questions here.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

ok thank you

You're welcome and best of luck to you and this young man.