Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

Hello I am applying to a job and it asks specifically Have

you ever been convicted of...
Hello I am applying to a job and it asks specifically Have you ever been convicted of a crime (felony, misdemeanor or violation), including military conviction, other than a minor traffic violation?
I live in Florida and received a adjudication witheld for a disordely conduct charge. Am I safe to answer No.
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/3/2013
ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer

ScottyMacEsq :

Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am researching your issue and will respond shortly.

Customer:

ok ty

ScottyMacEsq :

An adjudication withheld is not a formal conviction for criminal law purposes (although in certain instances it can have similar effects, such as constituting a conviction for DMV purposes, if it was for a DUI, etc...). So it's entirely accurate to say that you have not been convicted, because this is not legally a conviction.

Customer:

Ok great thanks

ScottyMacEsq :

It could still show up on your criminal record, as an arrest, etc... in that it's not an expungement, but it's not a conviction and therefore you can certainly answer "no" when asked if you've been convicted.

ScottyMacEsq :

My pleasure.If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer. Please note that I don't get any credit for my answer unless and until you rate it a 3, 4, 5 (good or better). Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX good luck to you!

ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer
ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer