Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

I was convicted of Agg. Sexual Assault of a Child in 1986,

Customer Question
I was 15 yrs. Old...
I was convicted of Agg. Sexual Assault of a Child in 1986, I was 15 yrs. Old and the victim was my 9 yr. old foster sister. I was sentenced to and served 15 months in The Texas Youth Commission. I have never been convicted of a sexual crime as an adult. I have however, been convicted of 3 other felonies (Burg. and Arson x2) I was recently released from prison (3-22-13) and placed on the Sex Offender Caseload AND have had totally unreasonable restrictions placed on me because of the juvenile offence. I am now 41, that crime occured when I was 15!! I will be on parole for less than 3 years and do not believe the imposition of these conditions are legal. The state has no record of the offence as it is part of my sealed juvenile record. I verbally injected it into my file in 1993 during an intake interview. I was forced to quit my first job since being released (today) because the restaraunt (Mcdonalds) has a playground! I only worked for three days and was told today to quit, that I could not go back there.

My question is: Can these Sex Offender restrictions be placed on someone in this situation? It does not seem right. I AM NOT REQUIRED TO REGISTER AS A SEX OFFENDER! But do have ALL these restrictions within the parole system. Do I have any ground to appeal or is there any thing that could be filed in court for relief? Do I need to HIRE an attorney?
Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/3/2013
Criminal Lawyer: LegalEagle1, Criminal Lawyer replied 4 years ago
LegalEagle1
LegalEagle1, Criminal Lawyer
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.

Can you tell me under which provision or code section you are classified? What is your classification?

I am not sure. I am not sure what you mean by "classification".

Ely, Counselor at Law