Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

I WAS CAUGHT BY POLICE OFFICER IN SOLITUTION OF PROSTITUTION

BUT I THINK IT IS...
I WAS CAUGHT BY POLICE OFFICER IN SOLITUTION OF PROSTITUTION BUT I THINK IT IS NOT ILLIGAL NOW I KNOW IT IS ELLAGAL WORK BUT THIS IS MY FISRT TIME THAT I DO WHAT CAN I DO FOR THAT
5/2/2013
CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.

Good afternoon. I certainly understand the situation and concern. Ignorance of the law is never a legal defense, so there would not be a basis to try and defend this charge, based upon that defense alone. However, if you are a first time offender, you can ask the court, when you appear, if they have a diversion program that you can enter, to get the case dismissed. This would avoid you having a criminal record. Often times, it requires that you stay out of trouble for a period of 3-6 months, perform community service, take an education class about the issue of STD's,HIV and Prostitution and pay a fine and court costs. If this is not offered, then you need to decide if you want to take the case to trial, making the State prove the charge against you beyond a reasonable doubt or work out a plea deal, to resolve this. There is no reason that jail should be imposed, as a first offender, so you would likely be looking at a fine and court costs, with the possibility of probation. When you appear in court, you can inquire about what options the State will offer to resolve this, if you do not want to go to trial. Then, you can decide what is in your best interest and how you want to proceed.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above, prior to rating me. Also, please remember to rate my service with 3, 4, or 5 faces/stars, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two faces/stars on the left, please STOP and reply to me via the "REPLY TO EXPERT or CONTINUE CONVERSATION "button. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

thank u sir

You are welcome. Please let me know if you have any other questions or something to clarify, as I am here to help. If not, please remember to rate my help with 3, 4 or 5 faces, so I can get credit for my answer. Thank you.
CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty

this is my first time the court will giv fine and cost of court

They like would. Jail would not likely be imposed and if anything, possible probation. However, this is a non-violent crime and you are a first time offender, so that will be taken into consideration when the plea is offered and the sentence is imposed.

that means they will not take me in jail?

There should be no reason jail is sought
CrimDefense
CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty