How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lucy, Esq. Your Own Question
Lucy, Esq.
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 30168
Experience:  Criminal Justice Degree, JD with Criminal Law Concentration. Worked for the DA and U.S. Attorney.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Lucy, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

if someone is arrested for theft do they have the right to

This answer was rated:

if someone is arrested for theft do they have the right to see the evidence against them. If so, what is the best way to go about it

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

Tex. Code of Criminal Procedure, Art. 39.14 states that a defendant may file a motion to the court, with a copy to the other party. This document provides an example that may be helpful.

If you have any questions or concerns about what I've written, please reply so that I may address them. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I provide. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so that I get credit for answering your question. Thank you.
Lucy, Esq. and 3 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

so just change the names and have the arrested individual give it the officers. Or can someone else file this


That's just a general example of what a request would look like. It may include things that aren't relevant to your case, and there may be things you want that aren't listed. Think about what information you are seeking.

If you wanted to hire a local attorney, he could draft and file it for you. The motion goes to the court, with a copy to the DA's Office. The DA gets the information from the police.