How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Hammer O'Justice Your Own Question
Hammer O'Justice
Hammer O'Justice, Criminal Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 4502
Experience:  Almost 12 years of legal experience, primarily in criminal law
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Hammer O'Justice is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a bench warrant for not going to court, for almost a

This answer was rated:

I have a bench warrant for not going to court, for almost a year ago. Since learning about it, I want to go get the warrant taken care of. I have no bond. I am not trying to go to jail and have to wait for an arraigment. I am pro se in the case. Is theres a way to Squash a warrant without having to hire an attorney. Can I file the paper work myself??

A Motion to Quash the warrant can be filed with the court. It can be filed pro se. Such a motion sets out the reasons that the warrant should be quashed and requests that the judge set a new court date and issue a summons in lieu of a warrant. Some clerk's offices even have a preprinted Motion to Quash that you can fill in. You would have to contact the clerk's office to find out if they do. Otherwise you will have to draft your own. As with all motions, a copy must be sent to the prosecutor's office in addition to the copy filed with the court.
Hammer O'Justice and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you