How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I saw Orange County Sheriffs deputies leading a young man

Customer Question

I saw Orange County Sheriff’s deputies leading a young man (wearing handcuffs) from my neighborhood’s house. But, I don’t know his name. I worry. How could I find out if things are okay.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 4 years ago.

I am an attorney with more than 25 years experience. I will provide your information today and look forward to assisting you

You can go to the Sheriff and read the daily report logs. They are public information and you can tell them you just want to see their daily report logs. It will have information such as

Deputies went to such and such an address where they apprehended So and So without incident, etc.

It is odd that they have nothing on it via the phone. But sometimes they just are too busy to relay the information.

Of course, the other thing is you can go to your neighbor's home, tell of your concern and see if there is anything you can do to help

Other than that, without a name there is nothing you can do.

I am an attorney with more than 25 years experience. I will provide your information today and look forward to assisting you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Will city hall have any related record?

I called the sheriff office, they told me there is no investigation at that address. But, it won't show on their system if there is any probation case. Is it truth? I worry if it is related to drugs...

Expert:  Samuel II replied 4 years ago.

City Hall will not have a record of it.

If there was a search warrant, there would be record in the Clerk of the Court's office. But it would be under a name, not just an address, though you can try.

And as I said, if you GO IN to the Sheriff's office and look at their Daily Report Log you may be able to see the address and know what was going on or at least who was arrested which gives you a name to cross reference with the courts.