How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 118661
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i live in Florida but have a felony in Nebraska. Its been

This answer was rated:

i live in Florida but have a felony in Nebraska. Its been over 10 years since i have been off of probation and would like to get a pardon to get my rights restored. I am in college going for my paralegal degree and would like this off my record so I can get a great job and care for my family. I was 23 and met a girl and did not know her age i am now almost 40. I now have a first degree sexual assault felony. I have been out of trouble i think for the past 10 years. What can I do to get things done?

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

I am afraid that under NE law, your only way to get this off of your record is the pardon and either you have to appear or you have to hire an attorney to try to get a waiver of your appearance approved by the board of pardons and parole to appear. The board rarely grants such a waiver except for extreme circumstances such as disability or the person is out of the country, but it is possible. Unfortunately, the law is pretty specific because the board will want to talk to you to get a feel as to whether or not a pardon would be warranted in your case. It is something that people have to make a decision on as to how bad they want and need the pardon I am afraid to say.

Thank you so much for using I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered. PLEASE use REPLY to EXPERT if you would like more information or if you feel something was not included in your answer.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.


There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i am a disabled vet if that helps

Thank you for your response.

Sadly, that really does not help unless you can prove that your disability prevents you from being able to travel and then you can get an attorney to appear on your behalf.
Law Educator, Esq. and 6 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you