How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 34305
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including criminal law.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX a serious problem on my hands lastnight

This answer was rated:

hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX a serious problem on my hands lastnight i met a young lady at a bar,we ended coming back to my place we were both drunk we started having sex while doing so my condom came off,she got real pissed at me so she told me to get off and i did after that i went to sleep when i woke up she was gone with my keys,but she also left all her clothes and shoes,she took nothing else of mine not my money,wallet nothing just all my keys!i am nervous because im a convicted felon,a police hasnt knocked on my door yet but a car did pull up in my driveway!!!!what should i didnt even know this woman no phone number nothin
Thanks for the chance to assist on this matter. I am an attorney with over 12 years experience in criminal law.

What you describe is not a crime.

If you had consensual sex with her and, during intercourse, she demanded you stop...and you did? That is not a crime.

She can certainly make a report to the police...

But in order to convict you, the state must prove, beyond a reasonable doubt, that you had sexual intercourse against her will.

Again...that is not what you describe.

If you are questioned by the police? Consider invoking your right to remain silent. You have that right.

My experience in prosecuting and defending literally thousands of cases, the vast majority of convictions come from cases where the accused provided a statement. Do yourself a favor. Keep quiet. No need to help the police convict you.

Again, unless they can prove rape beyond a reasonable doubt, they can not convict you.

The fact you are a felon really is not an issue here...that is not relevant to the allegations she may make, since it can not be raised at the trial to determine if you are guilty or not.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

how do i know if she said i wouldnt get off her!

This is a classic "she said/he said" case...what you describe you stopped when she said stop. That is not a crime. To convict you they have to prove she said no and you continued. Such cases are very difficult to prove based on the testimony of the victim alone...which is why if you are questioned you may want to consider not making any statement at all

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

but whats puzzleling,she must have waiked home
naked because all her things is still here in my house? but she took all my keys,house,car all my keys!!!!



Yes sir...I agree that is puzzling.

And frankly, it may well be theft.

You can consider filing a police report...that would be a pro active step. You can limit what you report about the sexual intercourse, but put on record your concern for her conduct (of taking your keys)

P. Simmons and 4 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you