Dimitry Esquire
Dimitry Esquire, Attorney
Experience:  I provide general practice and mediation & arbitration services to my clients.
18572087

on a restraining order: if the plantiff contacts abuser is

on a restraining order: if the plantiff contacts abuser is the a violation of the restraining order. and can plaintiff be arrested?

Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

In a situation where the accuser contacts the alleged abuser, the other party can go to court and seek to dismiss the restraining order on grounds that the other party is herself not comply with the decree. While that is technically a contempt of court order, the accuser is likely not going to be charged or otherwise arrested. What this instead provides is legitimate grounds to the other party to potentially set aside the order against them. The police are not going to do anything since the accuser is not the one listed as the party who cannot contact, only the abuser.

Good luck.