Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney-at-Law
66887675

I feel like I am being investigated for something that someone

I feel like I am being investigated for something that someone is alleging happened over 20 years ago, when I was a minor. I'm in the state of Virginia, what is the probablility that I will get questioned by the police or that an investigation is going on about me?

Thelawman2 :

If the thing happened over 20 years ago, then most likely the statute of limitations has passed and criminal charges could no longer be brought

Customer:

In Virginia, there is no statute of limitation for criminal charges, and a bill was passed last year that allows civil charges filed from victims within 20 years of the commencement of legal age here, which is 18. I feel that a guy that I just recently broke up with is trying to get me in trouble and say I maybe molested a child when I was 12. I have not been charged with anything, but I am being set up to solicit a minor through email. Help! I'm a swf, I work very hard, and I am trying to regain my momentum after divorce.