Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

i took last depo of alledged vic a few days ago and i showed

i took last depo of...

i took last depo of alledged vic a few days ago and i showed her the arrest report and as sked her why she told the cop that u got my tag and discription night of incident and didnt report it untill 17 days later.....she said she didnt that the cop is lieing got all dramatic and said she swears she didnt the whole 9......so if she says one thing and the police another who IN THE END is responsible?...the cop lieing or the girl both have the ability to point the finger when push comes to shove and i so very much wanna SHOVE...i filed for motion to dismiss on those grounds that vic said cop was lieing and will hear it end of month....is there any options other than motion to dismiss?

4/19/2013
Joseph
Joseph, Criminal Defense Lawyer

As a Florida criminal defense attorney, I would suggest that this is a great issue for any courtroom presentation, including any hearings or even a trial. If you have a key witness for the state testifying that the police officer is lying about this issue, then you can easily make the argument that the officer cannot be trusted about anything.

.

To do this, you would need to have the witness testify in court according to how she testified in the deposition. Once that testimony is in evidence, you can then argue that 1) it is clear that the officer lied about this issue and, as such, 2) he cannot be believed as to anything else that may be in dispute.

.
I hope you found my answer helpful. If so, please click on "OK", "Good" or "Excellent" service. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Even if you are a subscription member, you will need to click on one of the positive indicators. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed.
.
If you are not yet satisfied with my answer, please do not yet rate my service. Instead, please click on the "Reply to Expert" and let me know what else I can do for you. Please only rate my answer when you are fully satisfied.
.
Also, several customers have asked how they may direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to assist you in your legal matter, just put "FOR JOSEPH" in the subject line and I will gladly pick up the question as soon as I am on-line.
.
Leaving a bonus is not required but doing so is certainly appreciated! Thank you and good luck.

Joseph
Joseph, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Joseph
Joseph
Joseph, Criminal Defense Lawyer