Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

I work in this bar and on my off day while completing my schedules

Customer Question
for my staff i was...
I work in this bar and on my off day while completing my schedules for my staff i was being flirted by this woman. Later on after a couple of beers we walk pass each other and we started to talk. I ask her out for dinner and she stated that she cannot then stated that she is a working girl and then we starting to talk about sex and what she can do for me for money and i did say ok. Later that night she was leaving and she told to come out when i came out and got in my truck i was approach by a uniform officer to get out of my truck he did had his gun out. He search me and check my ID after handcuffing me and putting me in the squad car. He then apologize and let me go. Within 30 i recieved a summons to court stating i was charge with solicitation of a undercover cop. Do you believe this was entrapment?
Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
4/18/2013
Criminal Lawyer: Samuel II, Attorney at Law replied 4 years ago
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Hi

I am sorry to hear that you were set up this way. However entrapment is hard to prove because it means that they police tried to get an otherwise lawabiding citizen to do something criminal. And the state's argument to that is - a lawabiding citizen never breaks the law regardless of what traps are set.

Unfortunately, I suggest you will not be able to use entrapment as a defense in this matter.

Remember, I can only answer and provide true and correct information for what you ask. I look forward to a follow up or your Good to Excellent rating.

Thank you and good luck
Samuel II
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law