How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask xavierjd Your Own Question
xavierjd, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 3400
Experience:  Over 20 yrs experience in prosecution and defense work
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
xavierjd is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

about a month ago i was involved in a situation, where I went

This answer was rated:

about a month ago i was involved in a situation, where I went in inside a restaurant in wichita ks. to confort this guy who about cheating on me with my wife. police were called and today I found out there is a warrant against a UCC warrant. it seems like he told the police I pushed him and de was in contact with detectives last week. I am in the state of Kansas I am afraid what do I need to do
Thanks for using It will be my pleasure to assist you today.

Have you been contacted by the detective?

How do you know that there was a warrant issued?

What do you mean that there was a "warrant against a UCC warrant?"

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi, I was out of the country for a while. I just got back. I am not sure if they called me or not because my phone was off. but from what I understand from my wife is that a detective have called her and asked her some questions. Apparently the guy that I was involved with in the incident has chosen not to press charges for battery or assault and they give him a document to sign for disorderly condcut and reckless driving.


there is a site a municipal site that I have checked and it said that there is a warrant against me. the type of the warrant is uniform criminal cmplaint warrarnt. I am scared I dont know what to do

Hi Brian,

Did the incident involve you driving a vehicle? Can you give me a few more facts?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I left the area I was driving a little bit fast. I cut the guy off and got of my car in the middle of the road for like a second but there was no police officers in there at the time. I tried to call the station to give them my statement but they never called me back. my brother stayed at the restaurant till the police came when they did he told them that we were both arguing and that there was no touching involved at first they told my brother that they did not have enough evidence but after he talked to the guy he said he pressed charges the guy never met the police it was all over the phone. but then later on apprently last week he met the dtective and he chose to sign a document for reckless driving and disorderly conduct but not assauld and battery.

Hi Brian,

Thanks for the information.

I want to look up a few things for you. I will be back with an answer asap.

Thanks for your patience.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

that sounds good thank you

Hi Brian,

Disorderly conduct is a Class C misdemeanor crime. If you were to be convicted, the MAXIMUM penalty is UP TO a $500 fine and/or UP TO 30 days in jail. Below is a link to a site that explains the disorderly conduct statute in detail.

Reckless driving is also a misdemeanor offense.If you were convicted, you will have a criminal record, your license could be suspended, there would be fines/costs and even possible jail time. Below is an article that explains the charge in more detail.

Because of the possible short and long term penalties involved with a conviction for either or both of the offenses, you should contact an attorney ASAP. Below is a link to the Kansas Bar Association Attorney Referral Service. Sometimes, an initial consultation is free or at a minimal charge. You can discuss the facts of your case, evaluate your options and decide how to proceed. An attorney may be able to advocate with the prosecutor to have the charges dismissed or reduced. It may even be possible to try to keep your criminal record clean.

It will be WELL WORTH your time to speak to an attorney. If you cannot afford an attorney, and you meet the financial requirements, you can ask the judge to appoint you a public defender to assist you. So, even if you can't afford an attorney, you will already know (from your consultation) what an attorney can do for you and what your defenses to the charges may be. That way, if you are appointed a public defender, you will already know what to expect.

I hope you find this information useful.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you feel that you have received less, please ask me follow up questions so that I can further assist you. If you are satisfied with my answer PLEASE RATE IT AS EXCELLENT or in another POSITIVE MANNER.

Thank you for your business.

xavierjd and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you
Hi Brian,

Thank you very much for the "good service" rating! It is greatly appreciated.

If you have any other questions, you can specifically request me as the expert.

Thanks again, and good luck!