How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 31766
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was arrested for third degree assault 13 years ago but charges

This answer was rated:

I was arrested for third degree assault 13 years ago but charges were dropped. It now is showing up on my record due to a new fingerprint company when it use to not show up. I am applying for teaching duties and have nothing else on my record. How do I get that removed from my record?
Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Criminal Law litigation attorney. Thanks for your question.

Because the charges against you were dropped, you can receive an expungement to erase the arrest records from your record. Even though you weren't convicted, the arrest still would be there. However, an expungement will clear this off of your record and out of the public eye.

Here's a good link you can read:
Roger and 2 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you