Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I am a victim of extortion in Kuwait from a Kuwaiti,. After

Customer Question

I am a victim of extortion in Kuwait from a Kuwaiti, I am American. After finally getting proof of the extortion I went to the police and they would not help me. I went to a lawyer and after 2 months has decided not to take the case but charged me consultancy fees. I am really at a loss as to what I can do to get this resolved. I am still in Kuwait.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 4 years ago.
Hi

I am the Pro who will provide you information in this regard.

I am sorry to hear of your situation. Please tell me how were you extorted? Also when you say get this matter "resolved" what is it you would like the resolution to be, please?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am contracted with Sheikh Saad Terminal for parking positions for Aircrafts. The Asst Director of Operations denied my aircraft and then came to me and said if I wanted my planes to park I had to pay him "under the table. I went to his boss and told him but he said I needed to provide proof. It took me some time to finally get proof a year later 2012 I went to another sponsor (his brother) and was able to get receipts and emails ( showing payments to the extortioner). I have paid over 35,000 KD but only have proof for 10,000 kd. IIt was not easy getting enough proof. I went to a lawyer recommended by US Embassy he held it for additional 3 months and now it tells me he will not take the case. I want my money back if not all the 35,000 KD the 10,000 Kd I can prove.

Expert:  Samuel II replied 4 years ago.

Hi

Thank you.

Unfortuantely, I cannot assist you. I will opt out and then allow other pros to see if they can assist

Please do not respond to this post until another Pro contacts you

Good luck