How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 118784
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If i have been accused of embezzling money for a drug

Customer Question

if i have been accused of embezzling money for a drug addition what steps do i take?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 4 years ago.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.
Good morning. Have you been charged with anything yet or just accused by this person/company?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Just accused,prosecuting unless i have money to reimburse and I don't

Expert:  CrimDefense replied 4 years ago.
The goal is to clearly avoid any criminal charges from being filed, since this could result in you having a felony on your record. While you may not have the ability to pay the money back in a lump sum, you may want to speak with the victim and see if you can agree on a bi-weekly or monthly payment plan. If you were charged and found guilty, you would be required to pay restitution and even then, it would not be a lump sum payment but more likely on a monthly basis anyway. Seeing the severity of this, you will need to find employment at once, to start earning income, to start paying them back. The drug addiction may be a mitigating factor for the court to consider if a plea is taken, to avoid any jail or prison time being sought but it would not be a legal defense to excuse the conduct. Moreover, you want to be careful about what you say and/or admit to them, since if charges are filed, you do not want to have these things used against you.
Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above, prior to rating me. Also, please remember to rate my service with 3, 4, or 5 faces/stars, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two faces/stars on the left, please STOP and reply to me via the "REPLY TO EXPERT or CONTINUE CONVERSATION "button. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

ok thank you, ***** ***** try to do as you have suggested, small town and not sure anyone would employ me

Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 4 years ago.
I am sorry, but you have opted out your previous expert whose answer was correct. As such your previous expert cannot respond to you and has not received any credit for working with you as you did not rate him with feedback. Please reconsider and positively rate your expert so that they receive credit for the time spent with you giving you a correct answer.