Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
10285032

For Paul MJD. County Attorney filed minutes of testimony On

For Paul MJD. County Attorney filed minutes of testimony On Feb 15th. I just today had my arraignment. Isn't that a little late? Is there any time frame the arraignment has to be done by? I thought it was 20 days if not arrested and jailed. Anyway at arraignment I did not waive my right to a speedy trial. So the judge ordered pretrial April 8th and trial April 17th. Does this all sound right?
Thank you for your new question.

In Iowa, they have 45 days to file charges by indictment or bill of information, not 20 days. As you did not waive your right to speedy trial, your judge has properly set the matter for a quick trial and yes it does sound right.

Thank you so much for using JustAnswer.com. I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered. PLEASE use REPLY to EXPERT if you would like more information or if you feel something was not included in your answer.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

PLEASE NOTE WELL WE ARE DEALING WITH LAWS OF 50 STATES PLUS FEDERAL LAWS, AS WELL AS DEALING WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT AND BE ASSURED YOU ARE NOT BEING IGNORED.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”