How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Esq. Your Own Question
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 16710
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney / Criminal Law Mentor
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Alex J. Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have an Illinois Court Body Attachment stating 1. it

Customer Question

I have an Illinois Court Body Attachment stating 1. it cannot expire and 2. the bond is set at Cash (no 10%) of $22,000. That amount is presumably related to child support arrears.
I live in Nebraska and must get a Driver's License to live. Will the Nebraska DMV folks be compelled to take me in custody when appearing to get my license. I am really asking if the Body Attachment is valid outside pf Illinois as it states the orde to Illinois law Enforcement. Is this Body Attachment an extraditable item?
Thank you.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 4 years ago.
Alex Esquire :

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be glad to help you.

Alex Esquire :

Are you online with me?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

You gave no answer. What else would you Like to know?

Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your follow up.

Do you currently owe past child support?

Was your driver licensed revoked as a result in Illinois?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for the questions. I do continue to owe child support. Though two of my sons are emancipated for years as adults the amount ordered has never changed proportionately and accumulating interest etc. has the arrears showing quite a sizable sum I can;t make a dent in. It is a horrible moniker to be a "dead beat dad" but the situation was worse than that involving the Scientology Church and their enforced policy of Disconnection where children of ex parishioners are forbidden to have any relationship with them. Such is my case. Only my youngest son remains connected to me and he is amazing independent mind. I have given him much direct support and that never is seen by the system.

My license has never been revoked but did lapse in natural expiration while in Illinois during my Mother's serious illness and eventual death. It was a Nebraska License not Illinois. This came up specifically when getting auto insurance with my new Nebraska State Farm agent. He said he could not provide insurance without a valid license. I must drive so that's a serious and immediate issue.

To the point at hand, my understanding is that the LIEN or other Interstate data sharing system will trigger my arrest if I show up at a DMV here. On the one hand, I am glad they have such a coordinated effort to capture fugitives, on the other hand there is no discernment in severity of offenses etc. so here I am labeled a fugitive. My experiences in the Illinois Court system (only civil matters) is not favorable having found little I said given any weight. I was never able to afford representation and had to represent myself against a well funded ex married to a wealthy Scientologist husband using a local powerhouse gun slinger. They kept in court non-stop and made me their dinner but I kept showing up until one Judge threw me in the county jail until I coughed up what the opposing attorney convinced the court was hidden cash. Had my then wife not had the $20,000 all cash bond (keys to the jail as it's deemed) I'd still be in jail. I've since determined it best to stay out of court. It's just being pragmatic.

Sorry for the background, but it might give some balance to the situation. Answer as specifically as you can. The effort is appreciated. I just want and need a driver's license.

Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your follow up.

Unfortunately, there is no way for me to answer your question with a any reasonable level of certainty, without reviewing your entire court record, which we are prohibited from doing by various state laws and terms of service, so I will opt-out and will open your question to other JustAnswer legal professionals.

Thank you for using!