Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

My ex-wife went to her motions hearing today. Can you explain

the following to me and...
My ex-wife went to her motions hearing today. Can you explain the following to me and does she have the right to appeal?

Charges: Nemes, Erica Renee Statute Level Date
1. MAN DEL CS PG 1 >=400G 481.112(f) First Degree Felony 11/16/2012
2. ENGAGE IN ORGANIZED CRIMINAL ACTIVITY 71.02(a) First Degree Felony 11/16/2012
3. BURGLARY HABITATION INTEND OTHER FELONY 30.02(d) First Degree Felony 11/16/2012
4. POSS TRANSPORT CHEMICAL W/INT MAN CS PG 1/1A 481.124 Second Degree Felony 11/16/2012
Events & Orders of the Court DISPOSITIONS
04/02/2013 Plea (Judicial Officer: Cheshire, Robert C.)

2. ENGAGE IN ORGANIZED CRIMINAL ACTIVITY
Unreported Or Unknown

1. MAN DEL CS PG 1 >=400G
Unreported Or Unknown

4. POSS TRANSPORT CHEMICAL W/INT MAN CS PG 1/1A
Unreported Or Unknown
04/02/2013 Disposition (Judicial Officer: Cheshire, Robert C.)

Abandoned

1. MAN DEL CS PG 1 >=400G
Abandoned

Abandoned

3. BURGLARY HABITATION INTEND OTHER FELONY
Guilty

Convicted
04/02/2013 Sentenced - Prison (Judicial Officer: Cheshire, Robert C.)

Confinement to Commence 04/02/2013
10 Years , State, TX Dept Of Criminal Justice
Jail Credit 137 Days

Cheshire/Shugart/Stallings
Fee Totals:

Felony Base Fees $219.00
DC-Fines $5,000.00
Attorney Fee $250.00
Sheriff Fee $60.00
Time Payment $25.00
Fee Totals $ $5,554.00

Provisions (Other)

$140 restitution

OTHER EVENTS AND HEARINGS
02/08/2013 Indictment (Opens Case)
02/11/2013 Capias Order
02/11/2013 Exhibit B
02/11/2013 Court Appointing Attorney
(3)
02/12/2013 Capias Issued (Inactivates Pending Case)
02/12/2013 Setting Notice
02/12/2013 Capias Returned (Re-Activates Pending Case)
02/12/2013 Precept
02/13/2013 Magistrate Arraignment (8:57 AM) ()
Defendant given magistrate arraignment. Bond set at $5,000.00. Whitaker

02/13/2013 Magistrate Warning (Arraignment)
02/19/2013 Letter
02/22/2013 Arraignment Hearing (9:00 AM) (Judicial Officer Cheshire, Robert C.)
Waiver of arraignment to be filed. Case set. Cheshire

03/04/2013 Agreed Order
for Bond Reduction
03/04/2013 Pre-Sentence Investigation Report
03/05/2013 Plea (9:00 AM) (Judicial Officer Cheshire, Robert C.)
Waiver of hearing filed. Case set. Cheshire

03/05/2013 Waiver of Hearing - Indictment/Information
03/05/2013 Waiver Of Arraignment
04/02/2013 Motions Hearing (9:00 AM) (Judicial Officer Cheshire, Robert C.)
04/02/2013 Plea Memorandum
04/02/2013 PSIR Inspection Authorization
04/02/2013 Trial Courts Certification of Defendants Right to Appeal
TRIAL COURT'S CERTIFICATION OF DEFENDANT'S RIGHT OF APPEAL
04/02/2013 Cost Bill
05/01/2013 CANCELED Jury Trial (9:00 AM) (Judicial Officer Cheshire, Robert C.)
Case Disposed
4/2/2013
Thank you for your question I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

If she was found guilty on the burglary charges on 4/2/13, which is what it appears from the record above. As she was convicted and the court certified her right to appeal, she now has the right to appeal the conviction to the court of appeals.

Thank you so much for using JustAnswer.com. I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered. PLEASE use REPLY to EXPERT if you would like more information or if you feel something was not included in your answer.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

PLEASE NOTE WELL WE ARE DEALING WITH LAWS OF 50 STATES PLUS FEDERAL LAWS, AS WELL AS DEALING WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT AND BE ASSURED YOU ARE NOT BEING IGNORED.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

This was just a motions hearing. Not the trial.

According to what you posted above it was much more than that. It states on 4/2/13 she was convicted of burglary of inhabited dwelling and sentenced to 10 years. If she was sentenced, which is what the record you posted yourself above says, then the case is ready for appeal to the court of appeals.

You posted:

Abandoned

Guilty

Convicted

Confinement to Commence 04/02/2013
Jail Credit 137 Days

I guess she took a plea deal.

It seems like she took some type of deal and generally on a plea deal the defendant waives their rights to appeal, but it seems that the court certified her rights to appeal, so you need to read the order of the court to see why they did that.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer