ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed Texas General Practice Attorney
19487448

In the state of Georgia is it illegal to put a GPS tracking

In the state of Georgia is it illegal to put a GPS tracking device on my partners car without their knowledge?

ScottyMacEsq :

Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am researching your issue and will respond shortly.

ScottyMacEsq :

Currently in the State of Georgia it is legal for anyone to place a GPS device on another persons motor vehicle. The only restriction is that the device must be installed on the vehicle while it’s parked in a public place. In Georgia legislature ried to pass a law in Jan. and Feb. of 2009 to make it illegal to put a GPS tracker on someone else's vehcile, but it did not pass and no law was put into effect as of yet.

ScottyMacEsq :

So the current state of the law is that a GPS tracker can be put on a vehicle, but it could be the basis for a "harassment" restraining order.

ScottyMacEsq :

Hope that clears things up a bit. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer. Please note that I don't get any credit for my answer unless and until you rate it a 3, 4, 5 (good or better). Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX luck to you!

ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer
Experience: Licensed Texas General Practice Attorney
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.