How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 118637
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Today I visited a golf practise facility, one in which Ive

This answer was rated:

Today I visited a golf practise facility, one in which I've attended for years, maybe even a decade. The facility is notorious for glitches in their automatic tees. On numerous occasions, these glitches cause a customer to lose money; as the ball fails to rise but the tee continues, a customer is charged for the tee rising. This shortcoming has been going on for as long as this company has been in business. Furthermore, a great number of the balls that rise are often rejects; scuffed, cracked, worn.
Recently, after complaining about this to an employee, he informed me that if a scuffed ball ever comes up, remove the player card, issued to customers, and remove the ball from the tee and you wont be charged.
Bearing that in mind, on my future visits, I did what he told me to do, but I still paid money to reload my card.
Today, a manager informed me that I was suspended for three months for that infraction, over the course of the time I practised that habit. I gladly obliged his suspension and proceeded to tell him the whole story; he wanted nothing to do with it. Later, he attempted to extort the sum of $200.oo from me, giving me one day to pay, or else he would notify the police.
I was just curious regarding my next steps. I don't think this extortion of $200.oo is warranted or justified. And, by definition, are they not in violation for failing to provide the service I pay for?
What are my options?
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

When you sign up for a service they are to provide you the exact service they are charging you for. If they are charging you for balls you cannot play, then you have a claim of breach of contract against them. I do not understand how a manager could seek $200 from a customer when it was the customer who did not receive the service they were being charged for.

You need to inform the manager in writing that their service is a breach of their contract with you and if they continue making demands for money you do not owe you will report them to the Attorney General for unfair and deceptive business practices and also to the Better Business Bureau. If he continues to demand money, you would need to file your complaint and also consider suing them for breach of contract.

Thank you so much for using I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered. PLEASE use REPLY to EXPERT if you would like more information or if you feel something was not included in your answer.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.


There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Law Educator, Esq. and 2 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you