Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

I am interested in providing handjobs (sexual release performed

only with my hands) to...
I am interested in providing handjobs (sexual release performed only with my hands) to the general public. What is the maximum penalty I could face if I get caught by the cops? I would be a first time offender for any crime at all. Also, is it still illegal if I am offering massages for which I get paid for, but decide to throw a handjob in for free?
4/2/2013
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

Under VT statute 2631, "The term "prostitution" shall be construed to include the offering or receiving of the body for sexual intercourse for hire and shall also be construed to include the offering or receiving of the body for indiscriminate sexual intercourse without hire."

Thus, under VT law, as long as it is not being done in the open to constitute lewdness and it is not intercourse, it does not fit the definition of prostitution. Thus, as between two consenting adults, what you suggest under VT law does not seem to be defined as illegal against the statutory definitions.

Thank you so much for using JustAnswer.com. I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered. PLEASE use REPLY to EXPERT if you would like more information or if you feel something was not included in your answer.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

PLEASE NOTE WELL WE ARE DEALING WITH LAWS OF 50 STATES PLUS FEDERAL LAWS, AS WELL AS DEALING WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT AND BE ASSURED YOU ARE NOT BEING IGNORED.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Thank you!

Okay...well, if I got 'caught' by a cop who believed what I was doing was an arrestable offense, and I ended up having to face a penalty...what would the max/min penalty be?

If you are caught and this is in public and not in a private place, on a first offense it could be up to 1 year in jail and it could cause you to have to register as a sex offender for life, which is the worst part of the penalty. This is why carrying out these acts in private is the key. Here are the VT Prostitution laws for you to see for yourself.

No, not public at all. Out of my own home. So, in your opinion, offering massage for a fee and throwing in a free handjob (advertising in a public forum, but performing in a private place) is not illegal at all?

I was looking at the law you directed me to and it made me wonder more...(the part that says: "offering or receiving of the body for sexual intercourse for hire and shall also be construed to include the offering or receiving of the body for indiscriminate sexual intercourse without hire")...offering or receiving the body...would that not include a hand offered to a penis? Where is 'intercourse' defined?

Also, what is indiscriminate sexual intercourse "without hire"?

Sexual intercourse is the act of inserting the penis in the vagina or anal cavity. It is the standard dictionary definition.

So, in your opinion, offering massage for a fee and throwing in a free handjob (advertising in a public forum, but performing in a private place) is not illegal at all?

Regardless of whether or not this fits under the VT law as illegal, it is still never legally advisable to advertise something like this. You need to simply advertise your massages without the advertisement of the happy ending because it will still bring unwanted law enforcement attention to you even if your activity does not fall under the definition provided for under the law.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer