CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Experience:  10+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
9540344

My license was already suspended for 90 days for first offence

My license was already suspended for 90 days for first offence DUI. After completing all classes and fine, a month later it is being suspended again for the remainder of 1 year
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.

Good evening. Could you please clarify the following questions, so I can provide you with a more direct answer? Were you operating a commercial vehicle at the time? Did you refuse the breath test? Were you told why your license would remain suspended? What were your results, if you provided a sample?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

In the same order, no, no, no, and .161

Paul, thank you for the additional information. You should have been advised of the reason, that your license is still going to be suspended, for the remainder of the year. Based upon the information which you provided, it would appear that the first suspension was an administrative suspension, through the Department of Motor Vehicles and the most recent, was a result of the sentence imposed by the court, as a result of the criminal charge. It is not uncommon for there to be two suspension, in a DUI case. The first is for 90 days, which you have already served but it is unrelated to the court. Of course, tomorrow morning, you can always call the DMV and speak with someone, who can look at your record and see exactly why the action was taken, if it was unrelated to the criminal case. Moreover, review the disposition from the court, that has your sentence on it and see if the suspension time is stated within. Even though it is suspended, you may be eligible for a hardship license, which could allow you to drive to work. You likely will need SR-22 insurance and an interlock device in the car.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above, prior to rating me. Also, please remember to rate my service with 3, 4, or 5 faces/stars, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two faces/stars on the left, please STOP and reply to me via the "REPLY TO EXPERT or CONTINUE CONVERSATION "button. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.