How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RobertJDFL Your Own Question
RobertJDFL, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 13887
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
RobertJDFL is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Thank you for your help last time. I have been educated. I

This answer was rated:

Thank you for your help last time. I have been educated.
I contacted several city clerks in states this person lived in. He told me he was
arrested about 18 years ago in New Jersey. But reports show: his case #
offender ID # XXXXX location is Los Angeles. I asked them to give me more reports. It will take a day or so. Please advised me: this means he was
arrested in Los Angeles, CA? but not NJ? he was lying?
If he has a case number XXXXX Los Angeles, then he was at least charged with a crime at one point in Los Angeles County, yes.

I don't want to say he was lying to you - he may very well have been arrested at some point in NJ for something, but he didn't tell you about the charge in California, and it would be hard to argue that he simply "forgot" about something like that.
RobertJDFL and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you