Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

ok im charged with sexual assault 1st degree by my niece 8

months ago and i was...
ok im charged with sexual assault 1st degree by my niece 8 months ago and i was released on a $75,000 bond....im sure youve heard it before but i did nothing....anyhow it went up before grand jury they passed it to the next grand jury ....and my mom who is 90 and in a wheelchair (im at home with her as care taker) did not want to go to trial....so listening to her we she asked me to offer my brother what we thought was a settle out of court amount....well low and behold....he comes to my house gets a dollar from me takes it to the investigator....i get arrested again on bribing a witness....$2500 bond 10% and out now...what do i do i dont have the $18,500 the lawyers in this town want....can i roll my mom up to the da 's office and talk to them?
3/23/2013
Joseph
Joseph, Criminal Defense Lawyer

I wouldn't suggest taking her there personally, but she can certainly speak with them. Your mother might consider calling the office of the prosecutor and setting up an appointment. Then, when she meets with them, she might explain the situation and let them know that it is her hope and desire to have the prosecution dropped.

.
I hope you found my answer helpful. If so, please click on "OK", "Good" or "Excellent" service. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Even if you are a subscription member, you will need to click on one of the positive indicators. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed.
.
If you are not yet satisfied with my answer, please do not yet rate my service. Instead, please click on the "Reply to Expert" and let me know what else I can do for you. Please only rate my answer when you are fully satisfied.
.
Also, several customers have asked how they may direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to assist you in your legal matter, just put "FOR JOSEPH" in the subject line and I will gladly pick up the question as soon as I am on-line.
.
Leaving a bonus is not required but doing so is certainly appreciated! Thank you and good luck.

i have my brother filmed coming to my house on a hard drive security camera system that runs and records all the time date stamp and all....he wasnt supposed to come here and he did twice a few days before they arrested me on the bribery stuff...he was working for the investigators to charge me again.....what should i do with that hard drive info? they have no idea it was filmed

If you cannot afford an attorney, I suspect a public defender will be appointed to your case. Once that occurs, let the public defender know about the video evidence that you have. After he has a thorough understanding of the case, he can then determine how the video should be handled.

.
.
.
.

Joseph
Joseph, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Joseph
Joseph
Joseph, Criminal Defense Lawyer