Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

I was convicted of a felon 30 years ago in Texas, is it still

possible for me to own...
I was convicted of a felon 30 years ago in Texas, is it still possible for me to own a hunting shotgun (I know a hand gun is out of the question but is a shotgun?)
3/14/2013
LawHelpNow
LawHelpNow, Attorney/Lawyer

Hello Richard,

My name isXXXXX a licensed attorney (State Bar of Texas). Glad to try and help out.

Sure sorry for your circumstances, truly. My heart goes out to you.

Here's how this works. It involves an interplay of state and federal law, as follows. Federal law prohibits it, even in the instance of a shotgun, pursuant to the following law:

18 U.S.C. § 922(g)

However, the story doesn't end there. There is some light at the end of the tunnel, so to speak. Check out the following:

Restoration of Firearm Rights

I would suggest you study it carefully, as it outlines what is available to one in your shoes.

If you have a follow-up question or need clarification, please just say the word by using "reply" to reach me.

I truly hope all works out for you.

Take care,

Ben, J.D.

LawHelpNow
LawHelpNow, Attorney/Lawyer
Hello Richard,

I enjoyed working with you recently.

How are things going?

Is there anything else I can do to help?

Please just let me know.

Thanks!

Ben, J.D.
LawHelpNow
LawHelpNow
LawHelpNow, Attorney/Lawyer