How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawHelpNow Your Own Question
LawHelpNow, Attorney/Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 7639
Experience:  Relax. Let's work together. Practical solutions.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
LawHelpNow is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If i am blackmailed for 50 thousand dollars by 6 family members

This answer was rated:

If i am blackmailed for 50 thousand dollars by 6 family members what is their penalty in court in wisconsin?

Hello Tom,
My name isXXXXX a licensed attorney. Glad to try and help out.
Sure sorry for the circumstances, truly. My heart goes out to you.
Accordingly, I'm pleased to share the following news with you. In Wisconsin, the penalty range upon a conviction for the crime of extortion by means of threats to communicate derogatory information, whether true or false (commonly called blackmail, referred to in the statutes as theft by threat) runs as follows for this Class I Felony: (1) up to $10,000 fine; (2) up to three and one-half years imprisonment; or (3) both.

If you have a follow-up question or need clarification, please just say the word by using "reply" to reach me.
I truly hope all works out for you.
Take care,
Ben, J.D.

Hello Tom,

I enjoyed working with you recently.

How are things going?

Is there anything else I can do to help?

Please just let me know.


Ben, J.D.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Can i freeze each of the soon to be convicted assets since they forged my dad's signature on a codicil and passed it through probate court after eliminating my father through suffocation ?

Hi there Tom,

Great to hear from you and thanks for writing back!
Yes. There are a couple of options here. You could hire a private attorney and open a civil case, even prior to their convictions. Or, and this would be free of charge, you could work with the criminal law authorities in this regard pursuant to the statutory mechanism I outlined.
I can only imagine the trauma you've endured, and I truly hope you find comfort and a brighter future ahead with justice served.
Best regards,
Ben, J.D.
LawHelpNow and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you