How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask lwpat Your Own Question
lwpat, Criminal Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 25387
Experience:  Practicing criminal defense attorney
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
lwpat is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I recognize that there are few options for family verbal and

This answer was rated:

I recognize that there are few options for family verbal and nonverbal fights over taking care of an elder parent. Given that, is it possible to restrain an individual within a family because it is affecting the care of the elder?
Thanks for using JA. I will do my best to answer your questions. DON’T FORGET, your deposit is not used to compensate me until you rate my service.

While it is possible it can be difficult. The only ones with the authority are the elder parent if they are competent, the person that has their active POA and it has been recorded at the courthouse, or the person's court appointed guardian if there is no POA and the elder parent is not competent. Those are the only ones that would have the legal authority to have a no trespassing or restraining order issued.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

What is a POA?

POA is Power of Attorney. A legal document giving someone the power to act on your behalf.
lwpat and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Criminal Law Questions