Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

What does nolle prosequi mean? What does adjudication withheld

by judge mean?...
What does nolle prosequi mean? What does adjudication withheld by judge mean?
3/2/2013
CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.

Good evening. nolle prosequi is when the State does not prosecute the case and dismisses/dropped the charges. When adjudication is withheld, it means that there is no conviction. The charge will appear on a defendants record but it is not a conviction.The only way in which the withheld adjudication will result in a nolle prosequi is if it was part of and/or a condition to a plea deal or the sentence which was imposed by the court.

CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty

Thank you for the basic definitions. You have been very helpful!

CrimDefense
CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty