How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 31729
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I got my records expunged by the court and the Order to Expunge

This answer was rated:

I got my records expunged by the court and the Order to Expunge Record was signed by the judge. I went Pro-Se on this case and now i have no earhtly clue, what to do with this order. I know i have to send it to DPS, DA and Arresting Agency, where else should i send thi? To the county clerk and district clerk's office? They are still showing my arrest on their website as a public record. Helppp

Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Criminal Law litigation attorney. Thanks for your question.

The Texas Department of Public Safety is in charge of handling the criminal records and moidifying them when an expungement is granted. Here's a link you can read:

Thus, you should be able to contact the department of public safety and get directions for how to get your expunged information off of the public databases.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Would DPS also tell county to delete these records or should i tell the county, DA, district Clerk and arresting agency myself?

The Department of Public Safety should take care of removing the expunged history from ALL public databases.
Roger and 4 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you