zdnlaw
zdnlaw,
17219180

I HAVE BEEN DIVORCED FOR 3 YEARS AND HAVE RECENTLY BEEN DIAGNOSED

I HAVE BEEN DIVORCED FOR 3 YEARS AND HAVE RECENTLY BEEN DIAGNOSED WITH POST TRAUMATIC STRESS SYNDROME DUE TO THE ABUSE I RECEIVED FOR 36 1/2 YEARS FROM MY EX HUSBAND. I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO WORK SINCE NOVEMBER 1, 2011 DUE TO THE PTSS AND SEVERE DEPRESSION. I WAS VERBALLY, PSYCHOLOGICALLY, MENTALLY AND SEXUALLY ABUSED. IS THERE A POSSIBILITY I CAN TAKE HIM TO COURT NOW. I DID NOT ASK FOR ANYTHING WHEN I GOT THE DIVORCE.

I'm very sorry to hear about your circumstances.

Unfortunately, the type of claim you are talking about bringing, for either assault and/or intentional infliction of emotional distress, are limited by a 2 year statute of limitations in Indiana. This would be from the last act of assault or the last act of intentional infliction of emotional distress.

If there have not been any acts since your divorce, then you will not be able to bring a claim.

-ZDN