How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CrimDefense Your Own Question
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 28346
Experience:  10+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
CrimDefense is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

need help with V.O.P.

This answer was rated:

need help with V.O.P.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.

Good morning. I certainly understand your situation and concern. What were you on probation for and what was the violation for? I am assuming there is also an active warrant for your arrest? Do you know if there is a bond set on the warrant?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i left the state becuase i could find a job and the money i did have went to bills.....not sure if there is a bond on the bench warrent....yes there is and active warrent. i was put on probation for restitation fine only for and D.U.I. and the last visit i didnt past the urine test casue of pain pills for my back i didnt have a in the oil field now making 70k a year i want to get this be hind me it was just a mistermeanr so you have any good or bad advice for me....the money is for the damage and hotel fess thta came out of pocket of the victoms...i took all my classes and did everything they asked but pay the money i owed

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

and what kind of things should i ask a lawyer or tell him about my case....

Just to be clear. You did not pick up any new charges and your violations were all technical?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.


Thank you for the additional information and sorry for the delay. The first thing that you are going to want to do is retain legal counsel and have them file a motion with the court, asking that the warrant/capias be lifted and the VOP hearing re-set, so you can appear and speak with the State, about trying to resolve this. If everything has been done, except paying the money that is owed, your attorney can try and work out a deal with the State, to reinstate and extend your probation, with the condition that it be terminated early, once payment is made, in full. They may also try and get the State to agree to allow you to obtain treatment, since you did test dirty on the urine test, which is a violation, along with absconding. The goal is to try and avoid jail time and to allow you to comply with anything else that needs to be done. If you can explain to he court why you just left the State and show that you want to resolve this now, even after two years, they may be lenient. There is no guarantee but your attorney will need to try and work out a plea deal on the VOP

CrimDefense and 2 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you