How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawHelpNow Your Own Question
LawHelpNow, Attorney/Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 7639
Experience:  Relax. Let's work together. Practical solutions.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
LawHelpNow is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do you get a felony expundged that happened 13 years ago

This answer was rated:

How do you get a felony expundged that happened 13 years ago in south carolina?

LawHelpNow :


LawHelpNow :

What is the name of the offense, please?

LawHelpNow :


LawHelpNow :

Ben, J.D.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

How do I get a felony conviction expunged that happened 13 years ago in federal court? The charge was making a false statement to a federal officer.

Hello again Kenneth,

My name isXXXXX'm a licensed attorney. Glad to try and help out.

Sure sorry for the circumstances, truly. My heart goes out to you.

I will speak candidly rather than doing you the disservice of lying or misleading you. I didn't enact the law, and personally I often disagree with it, but nevertheless we're all stuck with it. I just wouldn't do you the disservice of lying or misleading you. So, here's the truth.

You do not qualify for expungement of a federal conviction, pursuant to 18 USC § 3607. Unlike most states, federal law does not operate this way. I would love to say otherwise, but that would be a lie.

I am sorry.

However, you do qualify to apply for a Presidential Pardon:

United States Department of Justice

If you have a follow-up question or need clarification, please just say the word by using "reply" to reach me.

I truly hope all works out for you.

Take care,

Ben, J.D.


LawHelpNow and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you
Hello Kenneth,

I enjoyed working with you recently.

How are things going?

Is there anything else I can do to help?

Please just let me know.


Ben, J.D.